Sunday, February 6, 2011

Then, by Muriel Rukeyser


Aleksandr Porfírievich Borodín - String Quartet No 2, III. Notturno: Andante
with Quartetto d´archi della Scala*

When I am dead, even then,
I will still love you, I will wait in these poems,
When I am dead, even then
I am still listening to you.
I will still be making poems for you
out of silence;
silence will be falling into that silence,
it is building music.



from A Muriel Rukeyser Reader, W.W. Norton & Co. (1995)
thank you Moles for the music

* Francesco Manara - Violin 1; Pierangelo Negri - Violin 2; Simonide Braconi - Viola; Massimo Polidori - Violoncello

3 comments:

RNSANE said...

So very beautiful.

Cameron Robinson said...

A lovely poem and piece.

Manuela said...

i've had this poem for a long time, and could not find the music for it, and then a friend shared this piece of music and it immediately reminded me of the poem. sometimes it's hard to wait and let things fall into place, but when i manage to do it, i never regret it :). i'm glad to know these speak to others, too.